What are 5 things you do or things you have bought that have made your life simpler/easier to manage?
1. Rolling out of bed onto my bike and riding the bike path first thing in the morning. I get my exercise before I even consume a single calorie.
2. Trusting my husband’s judgment more often. He’s usually right and he always speaks out of deep love.
3. Our house in Albuquerque–it’s designed for one floor living, has a guest area and office separate from the main house, but best of all it has a drop-down ironing board right across from the washer/dryer!
4. Returning to Howard Thurman in the mornings. Here’s what I read today from Meditations of the Heart: “I will make of my remembering a High Priest of Truth. I purpose in my heart that I shall not use my memory to store up those things which fester, poison and destroy my living, my life, or the living and the life of others. I shall make it my study to preserve my soul in balance and liberty. I will use my memory to store up the excellent things of my experience. In this way I shall lay up treasures in heaven.”
5. My Cuisinart. Thirty-one years and still chopping. Need I say more?
Bonus: What’s something you wish you could manage better.